Family Camp in Upstate NY’s Adirondacks
CLICK HERE to register for Family Camp 2017!
Please feel free to Contact Us if you have any questions.
Summer Camp Isn’t Just For Kids Anymore!
Looking for an affordable family vacation? Have children that are curious about summer camp but aren’t sure if they are ready to try it for an entire summer? Experience Pok-O-MacCready’s Family Camp in Upstate NY for yourself and get a sense of all that Pok-O-MacCready has to offer!
With affordable rates, our Family Camp is an inexpensive way to experience summer camp in Upstate NY’s Adirondacks and create lasting memories with your family and discover what Pok-O-MacCready is all about!
About Family Camp at Pok-O-MacCready
During our Family Camp Week, held annually at the end of August, you and your family can experience summer camp together. Prices include all activities and programming, great food, lodging and facilities, hiking and trips! Some of the activities available include:
- Swimming & Sailing
- Boating & Fishing
- Arts & Crafts and Pottery
- Low ropes course
- Rock Climbing
- Hiking and Outdoor Trips
- Archery and Other Sports
- Special evening events, Campfires, and s’mores!
- And much more!
Where do we stay? How does Family Camp Work?
You and your family will stay in a cabin together for the duration of the Family Camp session. If you are staying in a larger cabin complex, you may be sharing the building with other families. Please note that not all cabins have electricity and only some include an attached bathroom. When you register for Family Camp, you may list your cabin preference and other requirements, and we will try our best to accommodate your request.
In terms of schedule of activities, Family Camp is more relaxed than a regular camp session, but the average day looks a little something like this:
- Wake up whenever you like, as we have a buffet breakfast available until about 10am.
- Activities will be posted on the blackboard in the dining hall and begin around 10:30am
- Choose whichever activities interest you most for the morning
- Join the group again back at the dining hall for lunch
- Join in some afternoon activities of your choosing
- Enjoy a hearty dinner and dessert!
- There will be options during the day to swim, boat, and fish in between other activities
- Each evening includes a big event for everyone to participate in
- a day at Family Camp ALWAYS ends with a campfire and s’mores!
Dates & Rates
The rates are ALL INCLUSIVE of accommodation, programming, staffing, activities, and all meals. Kids under the age of 4 can attend Family Camp for free! Dogs are permitted for an additional fee of just $25 per dog! (See brochure for details). Family camp is from August 16th to August 20th, 2017 this summer.
We know how hard it can be to coordinate schedules and family free time is hard to come by. So, you are able to customize the days your family attends Family Camp. Our rate is just $55 per day per family member! Come for all five days or just a few and experience all that Pok-O-MacCready Camps has to offer!
August 16th – 20th 2017
5 DAYS: Wednesday – Sunday
For Example: 5 Days X # of People X $55
- $275 for an Individual
- $550 for Two People
- $1,100 for a Family of 4
How do we get to Pok-O-MacCready Family Camp in NY?
Please note: transportation to/from camp is not included in the price of Family Camp. Most families prefer to drive to Family Camp and there is ample parking available for free onsite. The camp is conveniently located 8 miles from Interstate 87, with a 5 hour drive from NYC, 4 hour drive from Boston, and about two hours from either Montreal or Albany. Please note, our physical address is often “misunderstood” by GPS units, so please click here for more specific driving directions.
If you would prefer to travel by train, we’d be happy to pick you up at our nearest Amtrak station (in Westport, NY….NOT Westport, CT). If you choose to take the train, please contact us at least 1 week before Family Camp in order to schedule a pickup for you and your family.
Rules & Regs
Family Camp has a pretty relaxed atmosphere, but we do have some important guidelines we require visitors to respect:
- Parents must be with their children at ALL TIMES.
- Children age 12 and older may sign up for an independent morning or afternoon class with the written permission of a parent (we’ll discuss this more at Family Camp).
- If you bring your dog with you, you must supply a rabies certification and pay $25 fee
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times and must never be left alone in a building.
- Park only in designated areas.
- Smoking, alcohol, and drugs are never permitted ANYWHERE on camp.
- Pocket knives, hunting knives, guns, and archery bows are not permitted.
- Swimming, boating, fishing, and visiting the waterfront is permitted ONLY at designated times with a lifeguard present.
for more information about Family Camp…
Here are some highlights from last year!
Interested in more information about our family camp in Upstate New York? Contact us online or give us a call at (518) 963-7656 today for more information today!
Smoking, alcohol, drugs, pocket/hunting knives, and guns are never permitted at any time on Pok-O-MacCready property. Also, please do not bring archery bows (we have plenty for you to borrow here at Camp!)