Family Camp in Upstate NY’s Adirondacks
Family Camp Registration is open for 2017!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Please feel free to Contact Us if you have any questions.
Looking for an affordable family vacation? Have children that are curious about summer camp but aren’t sure if they are ready to try it for an entire summer? We have the solution!
Experience Pok-O-MacCready’s Family Camp for yourself and get a sense of all that Pok-O-MacCready has to offer! With affordable rates, our Family Camps in New York are an inexpensive way to experience summer camp in Upstate NY’s Adirondacks and create lasting memories with your family and discover what Pok-O-MacCready is all about!
What is Family Camp?
Be sure to check out our blog article about Family Camp to get a better sense of what it’s all about! During our Family Camp Week held annually at the end of August, you and your family can experience summer camp together. Prices include all activities and programming, great food, lodging and facilities, hiking, trips and more! Some of the activities available include:
- Swimming & Sailing
- Boating & Fishing
- Arts & Crafts and Pottery
- Low ropes course
- Rock Climbing
- Hiking and Outdoor Trips
- Archery and Other Sports
- Special evening events, Campfires, and s’mores!
- And much more!
Where do we stay? How does Family Camp Work?
You and your family will stay in a cabin together for the duration of the Family Camp session. If you are staying in a larger cabin complex, you may be sharing the building with other families. Please note that not all cabins have electricity and only some include an attached bathroom. When you register for Family Camp, you may list your cabin preference and other requirements, and we will try our best to accommodate your request.
In terms of schedule of activities, Family Camp is more relaxed than a regular camp session, but the average day looks a little something like this:
- Wake up whenever you like, as we have a buffet breakfast available until about 10am.
- Activities will be posted on the blackboard in the dining hall and begin around 10:30am
- Choose whichever activities interest you most for the morning
- Join the group again back at the dining hall for lunch
- Join in some afternoon activities of your choosing
- Enjoy a hearty dinner and dessert!
- There will be options during the day to swim, boat, and fish in between other activities
- Each evening includes a big event for everyone to participate in
- a day at Family Camp ALWAYS ends with a campfire and s’mores!
Dates & Rates
The rates are ALL INCLUSIVE of accommodation, programming, staffing, activities, and all meals. Kids under the age of 4 can attend Family Camp for free! Dogs are permitted for an additional fee of just $25 per dog! (See brochure for details).
We know how hard it can be to coordinate schedules and family free time is hard to come by. So attend family camp for all 5 days, or pick which days to come that fit your schedule! The cost is just $55 per day per person attending! Groups larger than 4 are always welcome, just use the following formula – $55 X # in group X # of days attending.
Attend all 5 days: August 16th – 20th 2017
5 DAY SESSION: Wednesday – Sunday
- $275 for an Individual
- $550 for Two people
- $1,100 for a Family of 4
Attend 3 Days: August 18th – 20th 2017
3 DAY SESSION: Friday – Sunday
- $165 for an Individual
- $330 for Two people
- $660 for a Family of 4
How do we get to Pok-O-MacCready Family Camp in NY?
Please note: transportation to/from camp is not included in the price of Family Camp. Most families prefer to drive to Family Camp and there is ample parking available for free onsite. The camp is conveniently located 8 miles from Interstate 87, with a 5 hour drive from NYC, 4 hour drive from Boston, and about two hours from either Montreal or Albany. Please note, our physical address is often “misunderstood” by GPS units, so please click here for more specific driving directions.
If you would prefer to travel by train, we’d be happy to pick you up at our nearest Amtrak station (in Westport, NY….NOT Westport, CT). If you choose to take the train, please contact us at least 1 week before Family Camp in order to schedule a pickup for you and your family.
Rules & Regs
Family Camp has a pretty relaxed atmosphere, but we do have some important guidelines we require visitors to respect:
- All children must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times including meals and activities.
- If you bring your dog with you, you must supply a rabies certification and pay $25 fee
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times and must never be left alone in a building.
- Park only in designated areas.
- Smoking, alcohol, and drugs are never permitted ANYWHERE on camp.
- Pocket knives, hunting knives, guns, and archery bows are not permitted.
- Swimming, boating, fishing, and visiting the waterfront is permitted ONLY at designated times with a lifeguard present.
More information about our Family Summer Camp in New York…
Here are some highlights from last year!