Winter Break Camp at PMOEC
Winter Break Camp registration is now closed.
Liked Winter Break Camp? Check out our Spring Break Camp happening April 10-14, 2017.
-for kids 6-13 years old-
Great Activities Based on PMOEC’s 4 Core Areas
- Natural Science
- Living History
- Wilderness Adventure
Winter Break Camp Schedule
Camp hours are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Lunch will be provided daily, as well as an afternoon snack, and at least one hour of free-time. Each child is responsible for bringing his or her morning snack. *PMOEC Break Camp is open to children ages 6-13.
MONDAY: “X-treme Fun”
We’ll kick off our first day of camp with activities you can only do in the snow. Kids will be given lessons on how to cross country ski and snowshoe. We will then venture out on a trip into the forest along our scenic trails * The youngest kids will snowshoe, but not ski.
TUESDAY: “Walking in a Winter Woodland”
Today offers three amazing winter activities. Join our knowledgeable instructors and learn about the ecological wonders found near our campus in the winter. Then follow the tracks of native animals through the woods and learn a thing or two about their habitats. Lastly, you will learn how to survive in the woods amidst harsh conditions during our Winter Survival activity.
WEDNESDAY: “High Adventure”
Get the best of both worlds by doing some indoor rock climbing at The Crux and some outdoor snow tubing at our nearby hill. If snow conditions prevent snow tubing, campers will have a blast with our World Famous Egg Drop activity.
THURSDAY: “Adirondack Excursion”
What better way to explore the Adirondack Park than to hike in it all day long! Leave Pok-O in the morning and hike an Adirondack mountain, playing fun games along the way and eating an infamous “summit sandwich!”
Finish off the week with a day filled with fun and excitement! Join one of the four competing nations: MacCreadia, The United Pok-O States, Ol’ Moonshine, The Kingdom of Swan! Compete with your team in a variety of fun activities and challenges!
BREAK CAMP DETAILS
- AGES: PMOEC Break Camp is open to children ages 6-13.
- RATES: $170/ child for the full week; Monday – Friday (8:00am – 5:00pm)
Individual day price $38/day (8:00am – 5:00pm)
- Optional transportation to and from the Exit 35 Mobil will be $30 for the week, or $10/day per child
- A 2% service fee is added to all credit card transactions.
- Full payment and registration form required by 2/15/2017.
- 50% of Payment refundable up to 1 week prior to Camp.
- Please mail form and check made payable to Pok-O-MacCready Environmental Center Inc.,
Attn: WINTER BREAK CAMP
P.O. Box 397, Willsboro, NY 12996
(or fax to 518.963.4165)
- If we are prohibited from providing the best possible experience, safety and care for your child based on a medical or behavioral concern, we reserve the right to withhold admission or dismiss that child. Please notify us of any such concerns at the outset of the enrollment process.
If you have any questions please call 518-963-7967 during our normal business hours Mon-Fri or email firstname.lastname@example.org.