PMOEC – School Trips
Pok-O-MacCready Outdoor Education Center has been serving school and other youth groups for over 40 years. With four main subject areas and over 35 activities to choose from, teachers can work with the Program Director to create a custom schedule that meets the individual needs of every group.
Explore this section of our website for more information, resources, and ideas. If you have any questions, contact us!
HOW TO SCHEDULE A TRIP TO PMOEC…
Most schools attend Pok-O-MacCready on an annual basis and come during the same week each year. These schools often book a year in advance, at the end of their stay, in which case they may skip directly to step two. In these cases, their schedules are based upon those of the previous year. New schools should follow the steps outlined below:
- Contact the Director by phone to reserve dates for your trip.
- Fill out and return (preferably by fax or email) Billing and Scheduling Information Form.
- After receiving the Billing and Scheduling Information Form, the director will email you an Invoice and Contract. The 25% deposit indicated on the Invoice and Contract is due no later than two months prior to the start of your trip. Upon receiving your deposit and signed Invoice and Contract, the director will e-mail or fax a proposed schedule for your review.
- One month before the scheduled trip, the lead teacher should confirm the number of participants listed on the Invoice and Contract, fax or e-mail the Medical Hot Sheet, and consult with the director about any changes they would like to have made to their schedule.
- Students’ health forms, a completed Medical Hot Sheet, your school’s certificate of liability, and your final payment are due upon arrival.
Trip Planning Checklist
1. Confirm dates with the Program Director
2. Return Billing and Scheduling form (feel free to call/consult about scheduling choices)
3. Email or fax: certificate of insurance, insurance requirements and signed invoice/contract
4. Send the packing list, health form and parent’s guide to parents
5. Have deposit sent at least two months in advance
6. Update the Program Director with any changes to numbers or schedule
7. Fill out and email/fax the hot-sheet at least two weeks in advance (please include chaperones)
8. Bring remaining balance for trip upon arrival (check please)
•Documents PMOEC needs before arrival:
Certificate of insurance (COI)
Medical Hot Sheet
•Documents PMOEC needs upon arrival:
Have questions about your school trip to PMOEC? Contact us!
DID YOU VISIT PMOEC? Let us know what you think!